So, yesterday I called my mom and we both literally asked each other how we ever lived without this recipe.
My mom and I both have had health issues, so, when we find delicious food that doesn’t cause us to have tummy aches… we get really excited.
Something that I want my followers to know is that I am eating my experiments for a couple weeks before I post them. I don’t want to post anything that will give me a stomach ache. Now, you have your body which is completely different. BUT, just know that all my recipes are “Rachel proof”. Also, I try to make them pass THE “papa test”. I know one of my vegan creations is truly delish if my papa likes it!
You might have noticed that gluten-free bread sometimes feels like you are eating dry cardboard. But! This bread is so moist and so delicious it will leave you and your taste buds feeling great! Another proof that eating healthy isn’t as painful as it sounds.
Oat & Coconut Sandwich Bread
Serving: (1 loaf)
1 1/2 Cup Plant Milk (I love almond coconut. My all time favorite brand here. You can find it a Smiths, Sprouts, and Whole Foods!)
2 1/2 Tsp Dry Active Yeast
**Honey (If plant milk is unsweetened)
3 Cups Oat Flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil
**2 1/2 tsp chia seed + 5 tsp water
- In a glass measuring cup, measure out your plant milk and warm it to room temperature. Add your dry active yeast. If your plant milk has a sufficient amount of sugar, don’t worry about adding honey. If your plant milk is unsweetened, be sure to add about 2 Tbs of honey in order to let the mixture proof. Set aside.
- With a Vitamix or food processor grind your oats up until a fine flour forms. (3 cups worth)
- Combine your dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients (except your chia seeds.) Make sure coconut oil has an liquid consistency.
- In a separate cup, combine your chia seeds and water. Stir together and let it sit for a couple minutes.
- Combine your chia seeds with your wet ingredients. Then, add your proofed plant milk.
- Combine your wet mixture with your dry mixture. Beat on medium high for about 3 minutes. (Your mixture should be sticky and thick!)
- Oil your 9×5 loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Poor your yummy mixture into your pan using a rubber spatula. Try not to lick the spatula after… I dare you.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a damp rag and cover your pan to allow your dough to rise. Let it rise for twenty to thirty minutes. Do not let your dough rise above the pan!
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Usually 30 minutes is just perfect. But, after thirty minutes, pull out your tooth pick and stick it right in the center to see if there is any remaining dough!
- Take out your pan and set it on its side to cool. Once cool, place your bread on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Also, remember to keep your yummy bread in your fridge!
** I use chia seeds as a replacement for xanthum gum. Many people use xanthum in gluten free breads. This is ironic because some people who choose a gluten free diet are trying to fix their digestive issues. Well, unfortunately xanthum gum can lead to digestive issues. Therefore, I stick with chia seeds.
Happy Baking! Let me know what you think!
Y para mis queridas amigas…
Pan de Avena y Coco
1 1/2 taza leche de planta (mi preferencia es almendra coco. Puede comprarlo en su tienda local como Sprouts, Fry’s, o Whole Food’s Market o aqui)
2 1/2 levadura seca activa
Un poco de miel (2 cucharaditas)
La Mezcla Seca:
3 tazas harina de avena
4 cucharaditas levadura en polvo
1 cucharadita sal
La mezcla mojada:
2 cucharaditas vinagre de sidra de manzana
1/4 taza aceite de coco
2 1/2 cucharadita semillas de chia + 5 cucharaditas agua
- Mesclar la leche y la levadura seca active y la miel. Reservar.
- Mesclar las ingredients secas juntas en un recipiente.
- En una otra recipiente mesclar las ingredients mojadas.
- Mesclar las tres mezclas juntos hasta que sea bien mezclada.
La masa debe pegarse al tacto y ha de ser blanda y elástica.
- Rociar ligeramente la 9×5 sartén con un pulverizador anti-adherente
- Verter la masa en el sartén.
- Precaliente el horno a 375 F
- Reservar. Un a vez amasada, se debe dejar fermentar la pasta de 20-30 minutos en un recipiente, que se tapará con paños de algodón o lana para obtener una fermentación y una temperatura homogéneas.
- Hornear por 30-45 minutos o hasta que un palillo insertado en el centro salga limpio.
- Sacar del horno y dejar reposar durante quince minutos
- Con cuidado saque de la sartén.
- Que aproveche!
- Recordad de guardarlo en la nevera!
Con much amor,