One of the greatest things is cocao powder. Raw cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. The real cocoa bean itself! The process of cold-pressing keeps the enzymes alive in the cocoa. So, cocao looks the same as cocoa, but it is different! I discovered it a couple years ago and have used it ever since. While I was serving a mission my mom would always send me packets of cocao for my morning smoothies! So girls we can still have our chocolate! Even in the morning right after your run 🙂 Also, over these past couple of years I have discovered the perfect recipe for the perfect day…
- Wake up and start the day out with some form of exercise. Cycling, running, pilates, or even the gym.
- Come home and fill yourself up with a delicious smoothie.
- Sit down and fill yourself spiritually by inspiring conference talks (you can find here), or by studying your scriptures.
I promise this is the perfect recipe for an AMAZING day.
Well, I just love this smoothie! I have it in the mornings and it fuels me perfectly for the day! I also love to top it with whole grain puffed rice or millet (Its gluten free too 🙂 ). It gives me the crunch in the smoothie that I just love!
This recipe is gluten & dairy free! Also vegan and has no added sugars. Which is a recipe for one happy tummy!
Coconut Cocao Açaí Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup almond coconut milk
- 1 apple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop vanilla vega protein powder
- 1 Tbs Cocao (you can find cocao at your local health food store)
- 1 scoop Açaí powder
- 1 cup ice
sliced frozen bananas, coconut flakes, & frozen blue berries
- Pour your almond coconut milk into your blender
- Add your chopped apples & bananas. Mix on low speed then gradually increase to medium speed.
- Add your yummy powders.
- Increase your blender to high speed and add your ice.
- Pour and then add your toppings 🙂
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Y PARA MIS QUERIDAS AMIGAS…
1/2 taza de leche de planta
1 cucharada de polvo de vanilla (Puede comprar la vanilla aqui. También puede comprarla en la tienda local (Fry’s, Smith’s, Sprouts, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes)
1 cucharada de polvo de acai y cocao
1 taza hielo
Verter la leche en la licuadora. Cortar el platano y manzana. Anadirlos a la licuadora. Anadir los polvos. Aumentar la velocidad de su licuador y gradualmente anadir el hielo.