This year for Thanksgiving, each person in the family came up with an item for the table! I had been itching to try out this new idea that I came up with from an Instagram post! Let me tell you, it was a complete success! Everyone loved it! Even my picky brother who says, “I allergic to anything that does not have gluten in it”, loved it.
At first, when I told everyone I needed to go buy brussels sprouts, I got a handful of comments doubting the recipe! But, you will all be surprised how yummy brussels spouts can be when you cook them right!
What I love, love, love about this recipe is that it is SUPER simple and easy.
Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprout, and Pomegranate Blend with a touch of Coconut & Maple
1 butternut squash
3 cups brussels sprouts
4 Tbs Coconut Oil
2 Tbs Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Sea salt to taste
- Set your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Skin and chop your butternut squash into cubes.
- Prepare your brussels sprouts by: removing the outer yellow leaves, cutting the brown ends off, and cutting them in half.
- In one bowl, melt about 1-2 Tbs of coconut oil. Toss your squash around in your bowl until squash is litely coated. Add 1 Tbs maple syrup and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, melt another 1-2 Tbs of coconut oil. Toss your brussels sprouts in your bowl and add 1 Tbs maple syrup. Make sure your sprouts are coated.
- Pour your both of your bowls onto one cookie tray. Sprinkle sea salt across.
- Set in your oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While your veggies are roasting, cut open your pomegranate and scavenge your seeds! Here is my favorite way to open a pomegranate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFUMLxL6IO4
- P.S I know this video is as cheesey as heck. But hey, the method is great.
- Remove your veggies from the oven. With a spoon, collect your vegetables into your serving bowl.
- Pour your pomegranate seeds over your veggies and toss.
- ENJOY 🙂