Here comes the holiday recipes!
Okay, this recipe was very fun to create because I had never used essential oils in my smoothies before!
One of my all time favorite essential oils is Peppermint. That stuff is a miracle worker! Especially if you have stomach issues, a stuffy nose, a sore throat, or even nausea. Check out my favorite peppermint remedies below!
- For a sore throat. Heat up a mug of water util hot. Add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil and 2 Tbs of honey (or desired sweetness) Sip that baby down. Promise you wont regret it!
- For nausea. Just breathe it in! As you do you will notice your nausea completely go away. If you don’t want to walk around holding a little doterra bottle and completely look like a hippie, just put a little under your nose on your skin.
- If your feeling stuffy. Put one or two drops of peppermint oil on the back of your hand. With your whole tongue, lick the back of your hand. Now, I will warn you, it will definitely open up your sinuses. You will feel it! But in a minute you will feel SO much better.
- If you have a head ache. Rub the oils on the back of your neck and on your temples.
- If you have a stomach ache. Rub the oils on your stomach or try the tea mentioned first.
6. If you are craving a delicious peppermint and vanilla smoothie.
Peppermint & Vanilla Frosty
1/2 scoop vanilla vega protein powder (or any other vanilla protein powder)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 frozen banana
1 drop peppermint essential oil (be sure to only use one drop. it is strong stuff!)
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup ice
- Blend your plant milk, apple sauce, and banana.
- Add your vanilla powder and peppermint oil
- Increase the velocity of your blender and add in your ice.
- Add desired toppings! (I LOVE Rice Krispies.)
Happy Holidays! More recipes to come 🙂